SALAAM Weekend School
ISF Qur’an Institute – Weekend School
September 2020 – May 2021
To guide students to become a model citizen with enhanced Islamic knowledge and values to empower the student to succeed in this life and the Hereafter.
To build and maintain a learning community that produces leaders through faith, knowledge, and inspiration.
Objectives and Goals of Sunday School
- Qur’anic Studies:
- Arabic alphabets learning prior reading the Qur’an (the student will learn the Arabic alphabets with it’s sounds, spelling, connecting letters, reading words and sentences).
- Reading, Understanding and Application of selected ayat from the Qur’an.
- Studying selected Surahs with emphasis on understanding.
- Islamic Studies:
- Five Pillars of Islam
- Six Pillars of Faith
- Seerah of prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
- Prophets stories
- Sahabas’ stories
- Akhlaq and Addab/Morals and Manners
- Hands on projects, where the students can apply creative and critical thinking.
- Level 1: Recognize and write Arabic Alphabets.
- Level 2: Basic Arabic 1
- Level 3: Basic Arabic 2
- Level 4: Grammar